Wednesday, February 06, 2019

Hard Things

This quote was on my FB feed last night and reading it made tears spring up instantly.

This morning I saw my doctor, who will not consider my going back to work right now or in the near future. He told me what my day to day life would have to look like before I would be ready for that. Okay, then.

We came up with a plan to see if I can get some funds from other programs in place while I appeal the decision made by my disability carrier.

I spent this afternoon with a friend who has been undergoing chemo since late last year. I meet her at the cancer centre for each appointment and we sit and visit while she has treatment. Her cancer is inoperable and she is doing everything she can to live as long as possible. She has an acceptance about her plus hope that treatment will do its magic. We laugh a lot when we are together. We have open and hard conversations, too. It is good to spend time with her.


No comments: