Monday, February 18, 2019

Capacity

Friday I had an appointment with my physiotherapist. She has a unique way of doing what she does and her intuition has helped heal not only physical pain but has facilitated emotional release for me as well.

Once, when I told her I felt like I was walking around with a flinch just under the surface, she scanned my body with her eyes and pinpointed where she thought the flinch was stuck in my body . As she pressed there I burst into tears and the flinch disappeared. I'd file that under airy fairy shit except it's happened many times over.

Last week I missed a step while going down our entryway stairs and managed to whack my head right in the corner of the wall. First one side of my head hit and then the other. I landed with quite a thud. It was harder for Dearest One to see me fall than for me to experience it. I got up and carried on with my day. Except for a bit of a headache and some sore muscles I felt fine.

It's unusual that I didn't hurt myself worse. I am grateful for a body that is getting better at healing. Or perhaps not holding onto to injury so much.

When I relayed my falling experience to my physiotherapist she did her magic and fixed my neck. When we talked about how weird, but good, it was that I didn't injure myself much she looked at me and with a smile said, "You're not fragile." She repeated it for emphasis, "You're not fragile."

No comments: