Monday, November 24, 2008

A Size Smaller

I'm playing Scramble on Facebook as an avoidance tactic for writing on my novel. I have 6500 words due today and I feel lost. I know where I'm going with the story but I don't know how to get from here to there. Thankfully it's just the book that feels like that today.

Yesterday during Mass I felt very small. Some people would term it "cut down to size." I don't mean that in any bad, negative self talk kind of way. Rather, in a I'm not God and I've just remembered that again kind of way. I need reminding. It's far too easy for me to think I am God and then to act like I am and to put out vibes to the world that I think I am, too.

3 comments:

Wait. What? said...

I say play away - sometimes we need a break in order to get the really good stuff out of us!

Cat

Peter said...

Does that mean you can wear size 7 shoes to walk your spiritual path? :)

Hope said...

Shrinking feet - now that would be nice.