Sunday, December 13, 2009

Brain Freeze

We woke up to -50C at our place this morning. That is 58 below on the Fahrenheit scale. Aren't you just plain envious? The radio man said it was -53C with windchill in the middle of the night. We are colder here than in town so who knows how cold it got.

Dearest one told Yoga Pup he was going to freeze his patooties off when he went outside until he remembered Yoga Pup doesn't have patooties anymore.

Days like today it is incredibly easy to be grateful for a warm house, food in the cupboards and no reason to get in a vehicle and go anywhere. I am also grateful we aren't getting 3 feet of snow in two days like some places in Eastern Canada. I will take the cold over the snow any day.

Our trailer has ice on all the windows from top to bottom except for the bay window in the living room. Yoga Pup has a strange love affair with water in weird places. If I leave the door open on the tub he will lick up the excess water after I've had a shower. He will try to lick the water off my feet while I dry off. This morning he stood on our bed and licked the ice off the window frame. I had visions of his tiny pink tongue getting stuck to the metal but it didn't.

It doesn't take much to amuse me. I'd like to blame that on cabin fever. Isn't that the strangest term? Too cold to go anywhere and you get a fever? Wikipedia says cabin fever is an idiomatic term for a claustrophobic reaction. At first glance I thought it said an "idiotic" term and I was getting ready to agree with them.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

okay, I was all set to whine about the cold here, but you've got it WAY worse... so I'll just fill my house with nice baking smells, and be glad that I can mostly stay inside today :)

Heidi Renee said...

i have heard that you were all enduring that - so glad you are warm in your home - dark & cold - i don't know how you guys make it through the winter - they'd have to call it more than cabin fever for me - there would be institutions involved...

Lou said...

After I take a shower, I slather on my body lotion. When I'm babysitting my daughter's Boston Terrier, he will wait till I'm done slathering, and then proceed to lick me like a crazed mutt. I have to fend him off!

Unknown said...

What a graet post on a Monday. It is VERY COLD where you are...it's in the 50's here and soon to be in the 30's later this week!

One of my puggers has what we refer to as fluffticals; and the other one will be getting "tutored" soon at the doctor so he too will have fluffticals.

Freezing Patooties off...awwwwww...

My pugs love to lick the water off my feet, off the tub etc...must be a pug thing?

Hugs to you,
Gabi