Monday, March 23, 2009

Speedy Gonzales Times Two

The sun is streaming in the window as I type.
My head is aching.
Thankfully they make medicine for that.

I accidentally knocked my my hot brown rice cereal, topped with walnuts and dried cranberries, all over the office floor. During the mopping up I concluded the floor had not been washed in a very long time.
I broke my favourite burgundy bowl.
It fit in my cupped hands just perfectly.
Darn.
I did however, go make more cereal.
The dogs didn't know what to make of my clean up dance.
They haven't come into the office since.

Here's a photo of the happy wretches.
They have begun to be terrific playmates.
They race around the house at breakneck speed,
going wherever the chase takes them.

I was sitting on the couch last night, minding my own business,
when their chase included running right across my chest
as if it was a turn in the Indy 500.
I protested but they were long gone.
They make me smile.
Smiling is good.

7 comments:

mile191 said...

yes, smiling. i do hope to find some of that today. i enjoy your writing, so raw and real. I can picture the moment as if I am there with you, and I love traveling with you and coming out with a reason, or two, to smile.

have a great day...

Lou said...

I don't like dogs too much, but this post makes me want to run out and get out (or two);)

Unknown said...

Awww, this is great!!! I am so happy that they are bonding in their pug fashion. Can't wait for the photos and sorry about your bowl, those losses are sometimes hard!

Hugs,
G

steveroni said...

Keep smiling!

daisymarie said...

They are soooo adorable.

Anonymous said...

Okay, they're way to cute for their own good. Probably a good thing too since they're running over their human....

Mich

Wait. What? said...

I have a fondness for squishy faced doggies!