Monday, January 28, 2019

Forward

Just putting that photo here as a reminder.
It's not a fucking race, sweetheart. 

For the record so far today I have had a shower (after a weekend spent in pjs and no showers) and did get dressed. I made the bed. I did my deep breathing exercises and my Centering Prayer.

And now I am writing.

In a few days it will be the 2nd anniversary of my dad's death. It feels like a shadow is following me, waiting to pounce. I have written next to nothing about the passing of my parents seven months apart in 2017 (plus the death of my father-in-law in there, too). The ache still runs so deep.





1 comment:

Grace-WorkinProgress said...

Don't fight it do what you need to do even if it is staying in your pjs. Grief means you loved someone and cared about them and now you miss them and honor them with you sadness. I have to do this sometimes even though they are still alive but not in my life. Take care eat chocolate.