Monday, March 02, 2009

Cats Curl Up Together

So dearest one and youngest son brought the male pug home.
He is a sweet little thing.
He is crying for youngest son as I type.
He's been doing that on and off for an hour.
He knows who his master is.
He has the most pathetic little cry.
Poor thing.

I had envisioned a real little buddy for the energizer bunny.
Visions of them curled up together or sitting side by side,
just happy to be together.
I hadn't expected them to curl up on different laps or
in different rooms.
I hadn't expected them to spend an inordinate amount of time
sniffing each other's butts, either.

I was lamenting all this to youngest son last night.
How, in my imagination, I had mistaken pugs for cats.
He got this most devilish grin on his face and said,
"Oh, you had some expectations did you?"
After a slightly stunned oh shit moment
I replied, "Why yes, I did."

4 comments:

Pru said...

Well, at least they don't hate each other! Remember Zia and Milo, or worse, Zia and Lilac? They didn't curl up together much either.

Anonymous said...

The poor little critter. He'll be the one turning himself inside out on Wednesday when Y.S. gets home!

Peter said...

Hey, butt sniffing is the official exchange of business cards! Dog protocol.

daisymarie said...

oops