Tuesday, October 07, 2008

It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

This is the view out my window as I type this morning. I find the bare trees lonely looking and stark. The grass looks like there was one humdinger of a confetti party on it. I was awake by 5 AM, it's going to take a few days to adjust to the time zone change. I lay there and it's 5 o'clock somewhere, went through my mind. I grinned, glad that I no longer need reasons to drink. Okay, that sounds off, like I drink for no reason at all when in reality I haven't had a drink for over 20 years. Hmmm, is this going to end up being one of those type and delete kind of posts? The kind where I end up typing myself into a corner and push the magic button that makes it all disappear?

Today I'm thankful for the little, ordinary routines that will make up my day. Going for a walk (the bears and cougars are gone as far as we know), doing yoga, making my bed, cleaning the house and cooking a good supper. I'll make some phone calls and reconnect with friends. I'll make time for the energizer bunny to spend time on my lap, too. Life is good.

No comments: