Thursday, January 16, 2020

Thoughts

It's cold here. Bitterly cold. -53C with windchill last night. Windchill has kept us at highs in the -30s most of the week.

I'm not supposed to be typing right now because I injured my rotator cuff when I was in the airport 3 weeks ago. I stepped onto one of those moving walkways and failed miserably at trying to gauge how to walk off of it safely. Damn, that hurt.

I was off work last week in the hopes of getting better. Monday of this week was a fog of a day returning to work. Tuesday was better. Then I saw the physiotherapist yesterday and, after she put my shoulder joint back in place for the second time in less than a week plus my shoulder blade and a rib back where they should be, she suggested I take several days off to just sit and heal. Strict orders how to keep my shoulder aligned and such.

I better stop typing. I like to think I'm a compliant patient. Best not wreck that thought.


3 comments:

JS said...

It's too cold there. It's as simple as that. Someone, generations ago, made the mistake of settling there during the Spring season. When Winter came around, too much energy and ego had been invested to move along. So, there you are, being cold and damaging your rotator cuff in airports. I hope you recover quickly and completely. And, then, do something about the weather, would ya? And I wouldn't call you a Luddite. But that's just me. ;-)

Emily J said...

I hope your shoulder feels better - my husband tore his and was able to avoid surgery but his mother could not, and the surgery recovery was hard. It sounds like you have had a lot of losses lately, so a proscription to sit and rest might be welcome. So sorry to read about the loss of your family members, but what a gift to be present.

Hope said...

JS - wish I could do something about the weather. Tomorrow promises to be warmer and Monday will be considered balmy compared to this past week. The sunshine has been glorious, though. There is nothing that compares to the bright blue of a winter's day.

Emily - Thank you. The rest has been good for my shoulder. I'll try work again this week and see how it goes. The losses have been hard. Really hard. This last one has me looking at my own mortality in a too close to home way.