Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Fear Not

It's been a really difficult day after several days of feeling happy. I caught myself thinking "how can you be happy when you have cancer?" and I know it's due in large part to the prayers of others.

Today we found out that the pathology report said the cancer has probably gone into my bloodstream. I just got off the phone with my sponsor and we talked about acceptance. Neither of us knows what that looks like at the moment. We both kind of want to run around and scream that the sky is falling.

More will be revealed with more surgery. In the meantime I am on a steep learning curve when it comes to staying in the day.

Fucking, fucking cancer.

3 comments:

Peter said...

{0}

Rebekah Grace said...

Hope,

I don't know you. I'm a new reader to your blog. I love your honesty. It's refreshing, to say the least. I don't speak in cliche's, so most of the time I find that I don't have anything to say. I'll just reiterrate what you said: "fucking, fucking cancer."

Val said...

Fucking, fucking cancer indeed. Crap news about the pathology. Praying with you and for you.