Friday, December 29, 2006

One Sentence Resolution

Every December I spend some time reflecting over the past year and looking ahead. With those reflections in mind I've often made a list of resolutions that was longer than my arm. Over time I've let go of the obsession to try and revamp my whole life from A to Z in one fell swoop. The last few years I look at each of the social, emotional, physical and spiritual areas of my life (Luke 2:52)and see what speaks to me. Then I pray to work towards health in those areas. Tonight I read the bit below on Beth's blog and found one sentence that sums up all areas for me for this year. I'm going to have to pray for the "want to" part. But the rest is so dead on it's scary.

"I want to confront the way I skillfully avoid what is right in front of me, and maintain the distance that is the pain of yet-to-be risked intimacy."
~via

2 comments:

Heidi Renee said...

Oh how I love this!

Sure do miss chatting with you! Hope your hope is still high!

love you!

Anonymous said...

That sentence pretty much sums it up for me as well. Yup. I wonder if knowing it really is half the battle. Oh well, small and sometimes undetectable steps.

Happy New Year.
Mich