Saturday, August 26, 2006

Don't Be Afraid

I am weary tonight. On Tuesday I overdid it and ran out of spoons. Our walk in the dark the other night reminded me of that and I haven't been able to build up my spoon supply since then. I thought I was fine in town today but that only lasted until I got home. At this rate I will be too short of breath to be a lector at church tomorrow. (Whine over now.)

I print out bits and pieces of encouragement as I find them on the internet. Some of them I tack up on the wall so that I can reread them often. Below is one I printed out from The Boars Head Tavern a while back. If you check out their masthead you will regularly find something worth mulling over.

"The grace of God means something like this: Here is your life. You might never have been, but you are because the party wouldn't have been complete without you. Here is the world. Beautiful and terrible things will happen. Don't be afraid. I am with you. Nothing can ever separate us. It's for you I created the universe. I love you. There's only one catch. Like any other gift, the gift of grace can be yours only if you'll reach out and take it. Maybe being able to reach out and take it is a gift too." ~ Frederich Buechner

No comments: