Friday, July 04, 2008

Showing Up Part One

There's a freshness wafting in the window as I type.
A thunder shower went through a little while ago.
A nice reprieve from the 30C weather of late.
My rain barrel was getting low.
The tic tic tic of the sprinkler
went back and forth
over the garden just this morning.
Dearest one set it at one point
so that I would be in its rainbow like arc.
So like him.
So like me to screech and run away.
I couldn't help but laugh.

I spent some time playing with
my skip it
before I went to bed last night.
I always smile big
as I make it go around and round.
Play is good for my soul.

It's been a slow lazy day.
A nice way to start the weekend.
Today is day 6 in a row of
contemplative prayer.
I just show up and do it.
Who knows what difference it's making.
I try not to analyze it.
Perhaps the only area of my life where I don't.

It's been a good week.
Much more even keel than last week.
Even keel feels better than helter skelter.
But the whole journey is to be embraced.
Not just the parts that suit me.

Here I am on the journey.
Here I am.
Here.
Such a small word

No comments: