Thursday, November 29, 2012

Sense Of Humour A Must

My temporary breast prosthesis is shaped like a little cotton filled football. I tried it out yesterday and well, between it and the increasing fluid build up in the place where my breast used to be, I couldn't wait to be rid of it the moment I walked in the door last night.  So I took my bra off right then and there, tossed that on the dishwasher and totally forgot I had been wearing a prosthesis at all.

A few hours later I walked through the kitchen and spotted my prosthesis laying on the floor, its cotton batten filling just visible through the flap in its side. I scooped it up in a hurry, so very grateful that the dogs had not discovered it. More than likely they would have snatched it up in their jaw and carried it to the living room, dropped it and then picked it up again and again searching for the squeaker that inhabits all their toys. I can only imagine.

5 comments:

Robin said...

Hope! Watch the entire video!

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/11/29/life-interrupted-real-housewives-of-chemotherapy/?ref=health

Hope said...

That was a great link, Robin - thank you!

daisymarie said...

Sense of humor a blessing and a gift. May the snickers keep coming. :)

Mary Christine said...

Glad the dogs didn't get it.

Peter said...

Our Sheba would have torn it to shreds.