Friday, October 16, 2009

Drama and Danger

"They had spikes all along their backs, were bigger than the trees, and would squish me if I went outside to try and chase them away."

What weird dreams I have some nights.
Full of drama and danger.
Even though I was in danger of being killed in my dream last night by gigantic black dinosaurs, I became very defiant and went outside anyway. I took the risk just to show the person who had led all those spiky creatures to my neck of the woods that I didn't have to listen to him. I hid behind an old barn, making obvious tracks in deep snow to get there. I sat there in snow up to my butt and wondered about those tracks, deciding he was too stupid to find me. He was smart enough to lure many huge dinosaurs to my place, but too stupid to find a woman hiding behind a barn? I woke up before I found out if I was right or not. Oh, the suspense.

So glad my waking life is nothing like my dreams.
Once upon a time they matched.

5 comments:

Heidi Renee said...

there is no such thing as a dragon! :D

Wait. What? said...

Amen to that!
Being awake is so much more pleastant these days!!!

One Prayer Girl said...

My last week and this week's 55 were based on a nightmare I had recently. Spooky for sure. I was just so glad when I woke up to discover I wasn't trapped in "The Twilight Zone".

PG

Enchanted Oak said...

Wow. Bravery in your dream. Nightmares are weird, but yours showed courage, always a good quality.

Tall Kay said...

I don't remember my dreams...maybe that's a good thing!