Sunday, March 02, 2008

Bits and Pieces

Yesterday I thought I knew what I'd write here today but whatever my idea was it's vanished. So I leave you with a few quotes I've read this past week and bits of journal entries of my own:

"Bravery is the being the only one who knows you are afraid." ~ Franklin P. Jones

"In God's economy nothing is wasted. Through failure, we learn a lesson in humility which is probably needed, painful though it is." ~ As Bill Sees It (AA daily book)

"To be plagued our whole life long by temptation, failure, sin and brokenness is not necessarily a bad thing. In fact, it can be our saving grace as human beings. In our failures we are brought to humility, and to discover our need for God. In the particular way that pain and fear has taken shape in us, we have a way of opening ourselves to human and diving love. It is through our wounds that we may be touched deeply. In our vulnerability, our lack of control, we can be open to our need for God and other people." ~ Brian C. Taylor in Spirituality, Contemplation and Transformation

"I've been reading Thomas Merton this morning. What spoke to me above all was my need to accept where I'm at as a precursor to moving forward. If I reject what is then my growth will be a work of the ego instead of the soul. Where I'm at, in the fullness of my humanity, is okay, is necessary. Gentle be." ~ journal entry Feb 26/08

"This journey is not about liking the 'new' me better but about liking the me that is at any given moment." ~ journal entry Feb 29/08

"As I was eating lunch I thought about the potato chips in the cupboard. I thought about how I wanted to feel my feelings more than I want to numb them. Which made me think of the intensity of my feelings while watching only daughter's play. I wonder if actually feeling them and not rejecting, avoiding or numbing them made a breakthrough possible. My feelings won't kill me." ~ journal entry Feb. 29/08

5 comments:

owenswain said...

Peace in your present and in your future.

Anonymous said...

I was thinking about your daughter's play and wondering if that had been the reason for the loooong trip. How did it go?
Mich

Peter said...

Yes.

bobbie said...

love the quotes from your journal - i know you won't get this until next sunday, but just wanted you to know!

Thirsty Girl said...

Oh boy do I get the potato chip one.