Wednesday, March 28, 2012

An Utter Lack

It's been a long, full day. One of those that ended with another reminder for me to check my attitude and ego at the door. I've lost count of the number of times in the past few months when I have run ahead of myself with an utter lack of humility. I haven't had a train wreck because of it but pretty darn close. I've been so judgemental of people who have acted too big for their britches. One of those things I thought was behind me. Ha. Still capable.

This Lent I've been praying specifically about this. Have felt the check in my spirit and heeded it before I opened my mouth several times. I'd felt that check in my spirit many times before and chose to ignore it. The world wouldn't know of my greatness if I didn't open my mouth. Or so I thought. I'm learning that I'm capable of hearing and heeding the Spirit. I didn't know it could bruise my ego so to do so. The only kind of good bruising there is to be had.

2 comments:

daisymarie said...

There is something oddly comforting in knowing it is when we are bruised, broken, cracked, that we are the most useful to God. Less of me is truly a good, and God, thing.

Peter said...

Amen and amen, Hopester.