Monday, February 07, 2005

Stretching Lessons

Some nights when I sit down to write I feel like I am shuffling a deck of cards, trying to choose what card of life to write about. It's so hard to pick just one.

It has been a few years since I gave up reading books for Lent but this is the year to do that again. It is a bit scary because I am unable to fill the void with busyness or other distractions as I did the last time. Books have been such a gift in my life but they have also been an escape. Much easier to digest the words of others than try and find my own.

And while I know the books will be put away in two days time I am rereading one of my favourites.

There are so many gems in this book. Let me share just one with you. I think it could be a mantra said by writers/bloggers everywhere:

Writing is my way to discover what my soul is trying to tell me.

This lenten season I pray to discover even a sliver of what my soul is trying to tell me.

No comments: