Thursday, July 05, 2012

I Get To

Sometimes I wonder where my oomph went for blogging. I just can't seem to find the ambition or interest to do it. (She said as she typed a blog post - the irony is not lost on me!)

The journey continues. Weight loss still happening. Closer to an answer. Tomorrow hopefully. Work has ended for the summer and I am relieved to be on holidays. Summer always feels like a miracle. I am soaking up its warmth like a cat.

Life feels like a privilege right now. A lot of "I get to" running through my head. Much happier place to operate from than "I have to".

7 comments:

Jim said...

Just good to get witness that you're still "in there". Blogging has its share of lulls, places where you feel like there's nothing left to say; but, in truth, if writing IS more about me emptying self rather than looking for affirmation of my thoughts, it becomes a sort of "prayer" wherein I'm really just talking things over with Him....

annie said...

I hope all will turn out well with your weight loss mystery.

Seems to me the blogging momentum is hard to pick back up after a break but I am trying to keep after it!

I feel like I need to keep reminding myself what a privilege life is after my recent experiences!

Hope said...

I wonder Jim, if I am looking for affirmation of my thoughts or was and that I don't need it so much anymore?

Hope said...

Thanks, Annie. Tests yesterday most likely figured out the weight loss thing. Am relieved.

Daisy said...

((Hope)) I hear ya re: blogging. I read but can't even seem to write a response most times; but do find myself nodding in agreement.
Prayers continue for you. One of these days in the very near future I will get enough momentum to write an email. ;)

And yes, thank God for this oasis in time called summer.

Mich

Peter said...

Of course, we "get to" benefit from your wisdom and experience when you blog... ;)

ron cole said...

Enjoy your " get to ", the wonder, the beauty...and just plain fun of it all. Savor all of it.