Sunday, February 07, 2010

Lap Time

This morning I unpacked my laptop and plugged it in to update the Internet security setting. I normally only use the laptop when I am travelling. I've never got the hang of sitting on the couch and using it, it just seems odd to do that. Funny how habitual we creatures can be. Who knows, I managed to go from only using a computer in the office to now happily typing away at the dining room table. Perhaps one day I'll be an old lady with a computer on her lap. At any rate I forgot that I have a different set of favourites on my laptop's sidebar and thought I'd share a few with you:

The Idea Of Home. I love her latest post.

Amy. That post made me cry.

Following this woman's program has been life changing for me. If you are sober and find yourself scarfing down sugary things or devouring white bread with the same intensity as alcohol you might identify with what she has to offer. Kathleen now has a blog and I particularly liked this post.

4 comments:

daisymarie said...

Lap or desk, I'm rarely far from my laptop.

Tall Kay said...

I love meeting new bloggers. Thanks for the introductions! Your posts are always so inspiring Hope. What a lovely way to start my day. Sending you some love and hugs!

Peter said...

If it wagged its tail, would that make it a lap dog?

Kathy M. said...

Thank you for these links. It's been a busy week, but I finally got around to checking them out, and enjoyed them very much. Thanks for the introductions.