Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Ranting Heckler

Sometimes, when I write a post, like the one I did yesterday, I get the urge to delete it after a day or two. I try not to rant on this blog. I don't rant much in real life, either. Not even in my head where there is only me, myself, and I. I used to rant all the time. I had a fix for everyone and everything if they would only let me be in charge! Friends call dearest one and I the diplomat and the heckler. Diplomat I am not. It took getting sick to lessen my desire to rant. Ranting takes precious energy and when you only have a few spoons it's a shame to use them that way.

Only daughter and lover boy are here for a visit. I am having a hard time enjoying it because I already feel sad at her leaving tomorrow morning. Just typing that makes me teary. So I'm going to sign off for now and go give her a hug and spend the day in her company. She's only heard me rant once since she got here and it was so mild compared to days of old, she might not have even noticed. That's progress.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

But sometimes we just gotta rant and get it out. I am so glad that you are going to be OK, heartwise.

Tall Kay said...

Was that a rant yesterday? I hardly noticed...really. Overly happy people piss me off sometimes too!

Unknown said...

There's a "Friends" episode where Pheobe's new boyfriend (played by Alec Baldwin) is WAY too positive. (He describes brake lights in a traffic jam as "the twinkling of a thousand brilliant lights.") When criticized, he responds that he's not ashamed of being positive. Pheobe counters with "No, I'm a positive person. You're like Santa Claus... on prozac... in Disney Land... getting laid."

My point is... Sometimes people are annoyingly positive, and maybe the guy at the checkout counter was one of them. I'm not so sure you really need to apologize for your "rant" in the first place. Just my opinion :)

One Prayer Girl said...

First of all, I went to your yesterday's blog and darned if I could find a rant in it anywhere. As far as I could see, all that was there was an expression of feelings that are part of the human experience.

Second, I think you are too hard on yourself.

Third, I understand being sad about daughter leaving. Enjoy her today.

Love,
PG

Anonymous :) said...

I went to yesterday and had to laugh. Sorry.

annie said...

Oh, Hope. I hope you enjoyed your day...

Pru said...

That was a rant? My goodness. Improvement indeed!

Daisy said...

((((Hope))))

Mich