Monday, August 24, 2009

Scary Presence

"Boo!"

I lean forward and say it close to her ear as she appears in the doorway. It's the only thing I can think of to do that might distract her from how I am dressed. Somehow, in my rush to get out the door on time, I get to work and realize I am still in my caftan. My attempt to scare her doesn't phase her one. little. bit. It's the first day back to work and she's on a mission. Eyes straight forward, rushing to her office. She barely acknowledged my presence. I stand there a bit perplexed that my attire warranted nary a second glance and a bit relieved at the same time.

Thank God it was only a dream.

My alarm certainly jolted me awake this morning and once I had some clarity of thought, I decided that my first day back at work would be just fine no matter what.

I did contemplate scaring my coworker anyway but decided that since I'm the only one in the office without CPR training, I best behave myself.

Caftans are incredibly comfortable though.
It's a shame they aren't appropriate work attire.
Scary thought, that.

7 comments:

Gin said...

Hilarious! You have no idea how many time I have had that type of dream.

Lou said...

hmmm..haven't seen one of those in awhile!

Daisy said...

You had me goin' for a second there. The old pyjamas at work dream.....

Mich

Unknown said...

LMAO...Hope you are just an amazing woman indeed! The caftan comment is true yet you're right...scary! Although I do wish I could wear a bit more relaxed clothing at work...
Thinking of you on your first day back! Keep us posted!

Love
G

Wine and Words said...

I say wear it sister, and wear it proud.

Wait. What? said...

hehehe! Now get that CPR certification so you can begin having some fun!
:)

Just Be Real said...

Oh wow! Boo- Yep you best behave.... hee hee...