Saturday, March 07, 2009

Mental Gymnastics

Where I grew up there was no such thing as time change.
You'd think after nearly 30 years away from home
I'd get used to changing the clocks ahead and back.
I haven't.
This last time around I simply left my alarm clock alone.
I wake in the night, do the mental gymnastics and am glad
I have an hour more than I thought I did.
Tonight it will sort itself out again.
I'll be on the same time as my growing up years.
For some reason I find comfort in that.

5 comments:

One Prayer Girl said...

Happy Sunday - Hope.

Happy first day of Daylight Savings Time.

Happy Sobriety.

Happy to know you,
PG

Unknown said...

Oh how I wish we didn't change the clocks...I do not do well losing an hour. But I will say that with two weeks to spring, I will be happy to see it and feel it again. Happy Sunday Hope!

truevyne said...

I hate the time change when it's forward. Backwards, I can handle.

owenswain said...

There's some province in this country of ours that rebels and doesn't do the time change thing - I just can't remember which that is.

Unknown said...

I managed to not change the clock in the living room for so long that now it's on the right time again also!