Friday, January 16, 2009

Noteable Quoteables

My internet notebook is filled with book titles, quotes and miscellaneous jotted notes. I was flipping through it tonight to find a book to order for Lent. Last year I started two disciplines during Lent; centering prayer and yoga. Neither are set in stone disciplines right now although both are really good for me, body and soul. I hope to be back in the swing of them both by the time Lent rolls around next month.

I ordered Simple Ways by Gunilla Norris.

As I was looking through my notebook I came across two quotes that I quite like. Each could be a blog post in themselves. It could very well be that I copied them from one of your blogs. The only quote in my notebook that I have from blogland and know who wrote it was one from Pam and it was this one:

"I'm grateful: That my understanding of God's plan for (my child's) life is not required. God does his "God work" without my knowledge, consent or input."


The other two quotes are:

"God gives grace for the situation not the imagination."

and

"The most compassionate thing I can do is allow them to be on their own path."


3 comments:

annie said...

Amen, amen and amen, Hope. It took me the longest time to learn that sometimes the most loving thing I can do is to let others "be on their own path".

One Prayer Girl said...

Good morning Hope.

We gain so much from what our blog friends write. It is a true blessing.

You'll have to let us know what you think about "Simple Ways" as you get into reading it.

Wait. What? said...

The last one really struck me and i copied it for myself for a reminder that he will grow up with or without my niput...

Thanks!