Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Too Much Testosterone

I have a little snowman music box that's been sitting smack dab in the middle of the diningroom table for nearly a week already. It's been waiting for me to turn it around and around so it can dance the music out of its system. It plays "Let It Snow." And today is its lucky day. It's snowing as I type.

Youngest son bought that little snow man music box for me at Christmas time quite a few years ago. These days he'd most likely buy me one that plays music that would make me scowl at him. He does like to get under my skin in a most devious "I love you" way. The other night he and dearest one ganged up on me and had me going real good when I told them to phone oldest son to get his perspective. I still don't know how they did it because I sat there and listened to youngest son talk to his older brother and then he handed me the phone so I could plead my case. And wouldn't you know it but oldest son played right along with his sibling and father and strung me along a little further. And I believed him!! I told them I was surrounded by way too much testosterone (only daughter where are you??)for my liking and not to expect me to make them supper the next night. Such a terrible threat isn't it? As if neither of them are capable of cooking. I nearly followed through on that too, except I decided at the last minute that would be taking their good natured teasing a bit too personal. Youngest son did ask me what I put in his supper last night - like was there any poison mixed in it? I told him that he was very fortunate that I restrained myself. I am so, so gullible and they delight in teasing me every time I'm gullible enough to buy it. Which is way too often. And truth be told, I may bellyache about it, but I would miss it if they stopped.
Which is what they tell me every chance they get.
Last night I did tell dearest one though, to please put away the rifle that was resting against the couch.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I too am way too gullible for my own good, my husband is constantly playing gags on me, luckily we both have a good sense of humour and every once in a spell I can actually get him a zinger. LOL!

It's snowing here a lttle bit, but not sticking, but nice to see it!
Have a great Tuesday!
G~*

Wait. What? said...

Oh I am so with you on the teasing and taking advantage of - my boys love to do this to me and well honestly its sorta become some wierd kind of affection no? hehehe

Cat

annie said...

Ah yes, I can feel the love in that post!

And snow! I am jealous (though I'd only want a little bit, not enough to make a big mess!).