Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Dreamland

I dreamed of my grandad last night. I never saw him cry in real life but in the dream he just sobbed. If someone looks like they are doing just fine on the outside I don't stop to think they might not be so great on the inside. I'd asked him how he was and his face started to contort into crying and he was fighting it and I was praying that Jesus would help him let go and cry. And he did. He was so sad to be alone and without my grandma. It was a scattered, weird dream. Putting up my Christmas tree in mid October and finding out someone was growing pot in my garden.

My dreams have been very disturbing lately, so last night's dream was a relief. Much tamer than normal.
It's always good to wake up, though.
Kind of like life....much better to journey with awareness than stumble around in dreamland. Not that it always feels that way, but today I'm grateful to be awake.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa! What have you been eating before bed? :) Interesting dreams though....
Mich

owenswain said...

Try sleeping on your new furnituree -you never know.

Peter said...

"Grateful to be awake" is a plan.

Jim said...

My dreams used to be crazy. Green space turtles. Beautifully built blondes who would turn to face me and have my buddy's bearded face. Anymore I wouldn't know. When I awake, there is this weird gnawing in my mind of having been dreaming, but I can't begin to put any part of it together...