Monday, September 15, 2008

Rays Of Gold

Rays of gold are filtering through the trees
as I sit here and type.
It's a comfort to have the sun waving good morning as it rises.
Today will be a pajama day for me as there are nearly
no spoons to be had.
I'm still nursing a sore throat and swollen glands from last week.
My lungs have been hurting every morning, too.
A full day of rest and extra gentle self care should make a big improvement in my spoon supply.
The energizer bunny will be happy to sit on my lap all day.

I did win that book contest I entered last week.
How cool is that?!
Some days I sit and think what a difference, how much bigger my world is, because of the internet. In the years where my every waking moment was dictated by my health the blogging community kept the isolation at bay. The best part is how much bigger my God is because you've shared your journey with me.

8 comments:

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

"The best part is how much bigger my God is because you've shared your journey with me."

I love that! It's so true for me too.

owenswain said...

It is true for me also; my journey is bigger.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Hope! I agree about the blogging community; it has had an serious impact on me, too.

Mich

Anonymous said...

I am with ya on that. Also noticed under labels:pug worthy-You are a dog person! You are a dog person! Na na na na na na!

Jim said...

Congratulations on winning. I enjoyed the entry itself and was surprised to find you reading Chaim Potok. I was introduce to him by way of "The Promise" which not only had a sequel, but was also produced into a movie. It is the two of two Jewish boys being raised by fathers who embrace their religion in very opposite terms; and I'd recommend both it and about everything Potok has written. I think I own them all...

Hope said...

Thanks for all the good wishes. Dog-person - ha!! guilty as charged!
I started Potok's "The Promise" Jim but didn't finish it. It didn't captivate me as much as Asher Lev did. I may give it another go another time.

Anonymous said...

Just wondering..... did you get that full feeling?

Mich

Hope said...

I didn't get that full feeling as a child but I get it regularly now as an adult.