Friday, August 29, 2008

Keeping Pace

You know those commercials where the energizer bunny just keeps going and going and going? It's really too bad our pugaboo didn't come with an off switch. We made the mistake of letting her sleep in bed with us last night. If you'd asked me a year ago if I'd ever let a dog sleep in my bed I would have given you a good long stare that said when hell freezes over.

I woke up in the middle of the night to the dog pacing up and down the length of the bed right between me and dearest one. A noisy pacing complete with snorting and flying spittle. She got put back in her kennel asap and I was awake for the next 4 hours.

The dog has energy to burn this morning while I am dragging my sorry ass around. And I mean dragging.
I need to hang a sign on my bedroom doorknob that reads, "No pugs allowed."
I can just see youngest son rolling his eyes and saying, "Ya, right. That'll happen when hell freezes over."

No comments: