Monday, September 11, 2006

Skimming the Surface

The family gathering was enjoyable. There were 50 of us in our yard enjoying coffee and goodies, visiting with one another. I realized later that a good deal of my enjoyment came because I was able to be myself. Perhaps there are moments in my life when I simply am who I was created to be. That makes me smile. It's been such a long time in the making. Or maybe it would be better said: I've been such a long time in the making. Not done by any stretch of the imagination, but moving forward.


*********

We had a medical resident attend to dearest one today at his doctor's appointment. She was an excellent listener and skilled at assessment. Dearest one is now being scheduled for a bone scan and they are looking into what kind of scan would work to get a close look at his abdominal wall as well. Not sure of the wait time for either scan but hopefully it won't be too long.

*********

A stop at a thrift store today paid off with two books. One by Geneen Roth and another by Henri Nouwen.


It's been a good day. Deeper thoughts another day.

No comments: