Thursday, September 15, 2005

Stretch Marks of The Soul

It feels like forever since I posted. It's been a busy week with something happening every evening and then today I spent the day substituting for our local librarian. I had one morning this week where I woke with too low of blood pressure and I was crashing into walls before I found my equilibrium. Ugh. It's shortly after 8 pm and I am ready for bed. I have a busy weekend ahead of me too - off to a course on Lay Formation through our Diocese. It is a one weekend a month course for 8 months of the year for two years. Not sure I am up to it physically but am craving some spiritual stretching and am hoping this fits the bill. Not that daily life doesn't have enough stretch marks of its own.

I am reading an interesting book by John O'Donohue called Beauty: The Invisible Embrace and I'll leave you with this quote:

"When we devote no time to the inner life, we lose the habit of soul. We become accustomed to keeping things at surface level. The deeper questions about who we are and what are here for visit us less and less. If we allow time for soul, we will come to sense its dark and luminous depth. If we fail to acquaint ourselves with soul, we will remain strangers in our own lives."

Have a blessed weekend.

No comments: