Monday, July 25, 2005

Continuing the Journey

It's been a long day. I've had a headache ever since I whacked my head as I went to get into my daughter's car today. It really has been too long of a day. Sleep will be sweet tonight I hope.

My elderly friend has taken a turn for the worse. They have her on morphine and oxygen. I am expecting a call before morning to come to the hospital. If not, then I will be there all day tomorrow. Her 80 year old sister flew to the closest big city this afternoon and her daughter will drive her the rest of the way tomorrow morning. As far as I can tell her son must know by now but he hasn't been in contact. Family dynamics can be just plain strange.

Thank you for the encouraging comments. We all need affirmation that we don't journey alone.

No comments: