Monday, March 28, 2005

I See The Moon

We saw our daughter head back to college this morning. I thought I was doing pretty good....handling it as if I was an actual grown up and letting go of what is instead of pining for what used to be. We headed to town afterwards and while at the mall I convinced my husband to come look with me at Hallmark.

He made appropriate murmurings about all the stuff I liked but I knew it was only appropriate murmurings not the heartfelt kind I wanted. The kind my daughter would have made. Poor guy, damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. And wouldn't you know it but they had some new giftware. Boy, the tears nearly spilled over when I saw this plaque. Saying this verse with my daughter, from the time she was a toddler, is a special memory for the both of us. Saying it today can still make us smile at each other.

Sigh. Tonight when I relayed all this to my daughter, she told me it was a good thing the plaque hadn't finished the verse. The rest of it goes, "...and God bless the one I want to see."

God bless you dear girl, God bless you.

No comments: