Sunday, February 27, 2005

God's Headache Remedy

Sometimes I wonder if God secretly has shares in the company that created Advil. He just knew there would be thousands of times he'd have to smack me up the side of the head to get my attention and how painful the ensuing headaches could be.

(I also realize that I tend to use language that is violent when I talk about God. Coming from a home where there was a bit of violence I can see why. Like the time my mom tore my brother's cotton t-shirt in the midst of a rage and I sat with my hand on the phone trying to screw up the courage to call the cops on her. But that is a story for another day.)

Daisymarie's post here about not grumbling or complaining is my warning that there's an aura of a headache coming if I don't listen to the whispers of the Spirit about my attitude regarding an upcoming flight.

In a few days I am going to get on a small private plane to fly to a medical appointment courtesy Hope Air. This is my 10th trip to a far away city for medical reasons since last June and my first time of seeing whether I qualified for a trip courtesy this organization. Flying with them means avoiding the 8 hour drive (one way) and the loss of all my spoons in the process.

I have whined and moaned about the flight ever since I found out I was going on a tiny 4 seater plane instead of a commercial flight. Getting on an airplane is one of two scenarios (the other is going under anesthetic)when I am quick to admit God is in control. Even so I did ask my doctor if he could please give me some Ativan to take so I could get up the courage to fly on such a small plane.

Yesterday I realized that I could be using my energy being thankful for the program that makes it possible for me to fly round trip for only $50, compared to what it would cost to drive there and back, instead of whining and complaining.

Just in case I didn't get the drift yesterday, daisymarie's post was an added reminder to get it today.

I am glad to have avoided a headache but I do still plan on taking the Ativan.

No comments: